Every villa and is stocked with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper & sugar, regular- and decaf strength coffee capsules as well a tea box containing organic peppermint, green, black, camomile & chai teas. In the fridge you will find milk and bottled still water.
The villas are also equipped with an expresso coffee machine, plunger, egg cooker, a sandwich press, kettle, a combined convection/grill microwave, electric frypan as well as an outdoor Baby QWeber BBQ, dishwasher, paper towels, Alufoil and baking paper. Due to council regulation the kitchenettes do not have a stovetop as such. If you choose to cook we strongly encourage guests to fry and grill outside to minimise cooking aromas inside your villa.
Super King 2-bedroom Villa kitchen
This villa is a fully equipped kitchen with a 4-plate induction stovetop, inbuilt oven, microwave, dishwasher, sandwich press, Webber BBQ, Nespresso coffee capsule machine & frother. Extras include extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, sugar, a diverse sortiment of spices, regular- and decaf strength coffee capsules as well a tea box containing organic peppermint, green, black, camomile & chai teas. In the fridge you will find milk and bottled still water.
This kitchen is stocked with crockery and cutlery and crystal glasses for up to six people.
- Purple Possum, a cute wholefood store in St. Marys (12min drive away), serves great coffees and small healthy meals, as well as home baked cakes. Here you can also buy the yummy sourdough breads from the Summer Kitchen Bakery. Their opening hours are Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm, and Saturdays from 10am until 2pm (Sundays closed). Have a look at their menu http://www.purplepossum.com.au/menu.html
- Eureka Berry Farm, a hidden gem just before you arrive into Scamander.
- The Lifebuoy Cafe & Quail Street Emporium in St. Helens is an easy 25 min drive away from Falmouth. Their opening hours are from 7.30am - 4.30pm every day of the week except Sundays. They also have lovely meals to take home and warm up in your villa for dinner.
- Mohr & Smith in St. Helens is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 10am until 8pm. During winter months they don't cook breakfast, only during summer. They list their menu on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Mohr-Smith-caferestaurantbar-500100206764768/
- White Sands, a five minute drive to the south, serves take-away coffee from 8.30am onwards, but no breakfast. A great option for lunch and/or dinner - they also have their own brewery and vineyard. Their kitchen opens at 11.30am until 8pm every day of the week http://www.white-sands.com.au/assets/files/Brew%20Haus%20Lunch%20and%20Dinner%20Menu.pdf
Providore St. Helens
Pyengana Cheese Factory (Holy Cow Cafe)
Pub in the Paddock - Pyengana, for good old fashion pub meals.
Moresco on the Bay at Binalong Bay - great option whilst visiting the nearby Bay of Fires
Devil's Corner Vineyard/Cellar Door - a must-stop when travelling south to Hobart.
White Sands Resort, 4 Mile Creek - only 6 minutes south
Life Buoy Cafe, St Helens
Local dining options
White Sands - great lunches and dinners - orders until 8pm - best option for dinner and only 6 minutes drive away. The chef is innovative - serving fresh fish every day and also offers vegetarian options. We love their homemade ice-cream made in conjunction with their brewery and renowned ice-cream factory Valhalla. A must try!
St Marys Hotel - old-school country pub meals (think 70's/80's and big servings!) Call the pub and order your meal for pick-up and enjoy it in your villa. The "mixed grill" is stacked 12inches high and feeds a football team (12min drive one way). Here you can also buy some local Tasmanian wine.
St. Marys Chinese take-away, "Feed the dragon" experience. Lovely prepared meals - (think small Chinese eatery 1969). If you are really lucky - you will be served what you ordered :) WE LOVE IT ! (we bring along our own wine....)
St. Marys local Hilly's IGA - (not the Express IGA) Call up and order a freshly grilled chicken - they close at 6.30pm. They also have fresh yummy pizzas you could bake in the combined convection oven/microwave in your villa.
Scamander: Grazers - a local restaurant run by locals. Pizzas, pasta etc. - also available for take-away. We recommend to call for the order beforehand, as waiting times can be a bit long.
Bicheno - Hotel fare and several small cafe options
St Helens - options include Mohr & Smith, Tidal Waters Hotel and several other restaurants.
Bottle shops are ubiquitous - Scamander, St Marys, St Helens and Bicheno.
White Sands Resort sell beer and wine - they also make their own beer and wine!