Luxury Villa for Couple kitchenette
Every villa is stocked with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper and sugar, regular- and decaf strength coffee capsules. The tea box contains organic peppermint, green, black, camomile & chai teas. In the fridge you will find milk and bottled still water.
The villas are also equipped with an expresso coffee machine, plunger, a sandwich press, kettle, a combined convection/grill microwave, electric frypan as well as an outdoor Baby QWeber BBQ, dishwasher, paper towels, Alufoil and baking paper. Due to council regulation the kitchenettes do not have a stovetop as such. If you choose to cook we strongly encourage guests to fry and grill outside to minimise cooking aromas inside your villa.
Luxury Villa (with private Jacuzzi and Sauna)
Fully equipped kitchen with a 2-plate stovetop, inbuilt combined oven/microwave/grill, dishwasher, sandwich press, Webber BBQ, Nespresso coffee capsule machine & milk frother. Extras include extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, sugar, a diverse assortment of spices, coffee capsules as well a tea box containing organic peppermint, green, black, camomile & chai teas. In the fridge you will find full cream milk and bottled still water.
This kitchen is stocked with crockery and cutlery and glasses for up to 3 people.
The Saltwater Residence kitchen
This villa is a fully equipped kitchen with a 4-plate induction stovetop, inbuilt oven, microwave, dishwasher, sandwich press, Webber BBQ, Nespresso coffee capsule machine & milk frother. Extras include extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, sugar, a diverse assortment of spices, regular and decaf strength coffee capsules as well a tea box containing organic peppermint, green, black, camomile & chai teas. In the fridge you will find milk and bottled still water.
This kitchen is stocked with crockery and cutlery and crystal glasses for up to eight people.
- Purple Possum, a cute wholefood store in St. Marys (12min drive away), serves great coffees and small healthy meals, as well as home baked cakes. Here you can also buy the yummy sourdough breads from the Summer Kitchen Bakery. Their opening hours are Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm, and Saturdays from 10am until 2pm (Sundays closed). Have a look at their menu http://www.purplepossum.com.au/menu.html
- Eureka Berry Farm, a hidden gem just before you arrive into Scamander. https://www.facebook.com/tassieureka/
- The Lifebuoy Cafe & Quail Street Emporium in St. Helens is an easy 25 min drive away from Falmouth. Their opening hours are from 7.30am - 4.30pm every day of the week except Sundays. Best cooked breakfasts on the coast. They also have lovely meals to take home and warm up in your villa for dinner.
- Swims, coffee, toasts & cakes in Scamander, run by a young hip couple who converted a container into a pop-up coffee hangout :) https://www.swimseastcoastcoffee.com.au/
- White Sands, 8 minutes drive to the south, serves take-away coffee from 8.30am onwards, but no breakfast. A great option for lunch and/or dinner - they also have their own brewery and vineyard. Their kitchen opens at 11.30am until 8pm - call for opening times http://www.white-sands.com.au/assets/files/Brew%20Haus%20Lunch%20and%20Dinner%20Menu.pdf
- The Wharf Bar & Kitchen, Lovely setting and decor, friendly and helpful staff, food was beautifully presented and tasty. Oysters were amazing! We also walked in for a coffee and tea this morning. open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner - call for opening times https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Restaurant/The-Wharf-Bar-Kitchen-334117660484698/
- Furneaux authentic French cuisine!!! - perfect for celebrations, white table cloths...etc) https://www.furneauxrestaurant.com.au/ WE LOVE IT
- Providore St. Helens
- Lichen in Binalong Bay https://www.lichenrestaurant.com/
- Pyengana Cheese Factory (Holy Cow Cafe)
- The Wharf Bar & Kitchen https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Restaurant/The-Wharf-Bar-Kitchen-334117660484698/
- Pub in the Paddock - Pyengana, for good old fashion pub meals.
- Devil's Corner Vineyard/Cellar Door - a must-stop when travelling south to Hobart.
- White Sands Resort, 4 Mile Creek - only 6 minutes south
- Life Buoy Cafe, St Helens
Elephant Pass Pancakes near St. Marys http://www.mountelephantpancakes.com.au/
Purple Possum in St. Marys http://www.purplepossum.com.au/
Swims in Scamander https://www.swimseastcoastcoffee.com.au/
Eureka Farm Scamander for Ice cream and homemade cakes
Local dining options
- White Sands - great lunches and dinners - orders until 8pm - good option for dinner and only 8 minutes drive away. The chef is innovative - serving fresh fish every day and also offers vegetarian options. We love their homemade ice-cream made in conjunction with their brewery and renowned ice-cream factory Valhalla. A must try! Call for opening times.
- St Marys Hotel - old-school country pub meals (think 70's/80's and big servings!) Call the pub and order your meal for pick-up and enjoy it in your villa. The "mixed grill" is stacked 12inches high and feeds a football team (12mins drive one way). Here you can also buy local Tasmanian wine.
- St. Marys Chinese take-away, "Feed the dragon" experience. BYO wine/beer. Lovely prepared meals - (think small Chinese eatery 1974). If you are really lucky - you will be served what you ordered :) WE LOVE IT ! (we take along our own wine). All dishes lovingly prepared by Fung. In the restaurant there is a table tennis table for you to work up an appetite - if Fung's sister Jun is about, by all means play a game with her - she will respectively play to your standard ....be it beginner or Olympic level ....but you will never win!
- St. Marys IGA - There are 2 IGA'S in town. The 1st one on the left has cooked chickens ready to go as well as other hot food. Pizzas ready to be heated up in your villa combo-oven/microwave.
St Helens - options include
- Furneaux authentic French cuisine!!! - 2019 National Award for best Regional Restaurant - perfect for celebrations, white table cloths...etc) https://www.furneauxrestaurant.com.au/ WE LOVE IT
- Skippers Floating Eatery an old boat restaurant conversion offering fish and chips - yum!
- Lease 65 Oyster heaven!!! Take home fresh oyster directly from the farm
- The Wharf Bar & Kitchen, Seafood, contemporary setting https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Restaurant/The-Wharf-Bar-Kitchen-334117660484698/
- Parkside Bar & Kitchen https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g504328-d15314371-Reviews-or10-Parkside_Bar_Kitchen-St_Helens_Tasmania.html
- Tidal Waters Hotel and several other restaurants in town.
Bottle shops are ubiquitous - Scamander, St Marys, St Helens and Bicheno.
White Sands Resort sell beer and wine - they also make their own beer and wine!
Priory Ridge wines
A boutique vineyard offering sales & tastings in an historical setting on the owner’s ancestral property. Priory Ridge Wines is located in the rural setting of Priory; the most northern vineyard on the Great Eastern Drive (Tasmania’s scenic East Coast), the only vineyard cellar door in the St. Helens area; just 10 minutes from the world famous Bay of Fires and Binalong Bay.
Inspired by the tremendous opportunities of the East Coast of Tasmania, Geoff and Susan Bull cleared the site in 1978, planted the first vines in 1979 and established the first commercial winery on the East Coast. They were early pioneers in a new region which years later revealed exciting quality potential in wines. The region now boasts over a dozen different vineyards.
The Freycinet Vineyard and Winery is family owned with daughter Lindy Bull and her partner Claudio Radenti taking over the family tradition of gently handcrafting the wines.
Devil's Corner Vineyard
At Devil’s Corner we are dedicated to creating the finest wines imaginable, but
in doing so we’ve had to make a home in one of the wildest places in Tasmania.
Just how much we can achieve is ultimately decided by the forces of nature.
It’s a beautiful struggle, being caught between Devil’s Corner and the deep blue sea.
Craigie Knowe Vineyard
The cellar door is located right in amongst the vines, plenty of seating with a fire pit and bean bag chairs outside, or inside with cosy heaters in the rustic cellar door. Our Gourmet vineyard plates and cheese boards are available everyday we are open. Our wine and chocolate is a match made in heaven. Choose form our chocolate experience (3 x 50ml wines with 6 matched chocolates) or wine and chocolate (1 glass of wine with 2 matched chocolates).
Location: 42° South
Milton Vineyard was first farmed in 1826 initially for fine Tasmanian wool but is now producing fine cool climate wines. We are located at 42 Degrees South on the dry sunny Freycinet Coast of Tasmania. The grapes are grown on free draining red loam liberally sprinkled with dolerite rocks.
Tasmania lends itself to boutique vineyards. Our vineyard has a unique micro-climate that suits the ancient grape Pinot Noir. Also in our 13 hectare vineyard are plantings of the aromatics Pinot Gris, Riesling, and Gewurztraminer. Our focus is on producing small quantities of handmade wine. Close attention is paid to every detail in the vineyard and the wines represent this exacting work.
Spring Vale Vineyard
Our cool-climate wines are grown and made on-site here in Cranbrook, on Tasmania's stunning Freycinet Coast.
We are Pinot Noir specialists, but also produce other delicious varieties including Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
Browse our full range of wines below and order online or and experience Spring Vale Vineyard at it's best.